Associated Press “Former Stone Temple Pilots frontman died from accidental drug overdose” http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/dec/19/former-stone-temple-pilots-frontman-died-from-accidental-drug-overdose
Former Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland died from an accidental drug overdose , according to a medical examiner’s office in Minnesota where he was found dead on his tour bus in early December.
The Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office said on Friday the 48-year-old Weiland had cocaine, alcohol and the amphetamine MDA – a drug similar to ecstasy – in his system. The medical examiner also noted a history of cardiovascular disease, asthma and multi-substance dependence.
Police said they found a small amount of cocaine in Weiland’s bedroom and elsewhere on the tour bus, and briefly held a California man who was travelling with Weiland. But Bloomington deputy police chief Mike Hartley said authorities won’t pursue a drug charge against the man because it would be too difficult to prove the drugs belonged to him.